Leawood, KS or Denver, CO
27Global is a rapidly growing company in the dynamic industry of software, cloud, and data engineering. We pride ourselves on the quality of the services we deliver, the clients we serve, and the strength of our culture. Our commitment to our employees is evidenced by our fourth consecutive Best Places to Work award.
As an IT Consultant, you’ll be responsible for working with our clients to design custom software solutions, translating their designs into technical specifications for web and mobile applications using an Agile software development methodology. You’ll work independently and with teams in a fast-paced and exciting project environment. You can expect exposure to new and exciting projects for clients in a wide variety of industries using cutting-edge technologies stacks, a culture of continuous improvement, and abundant opportunities to grow their skills and careers. Software Consultants at 27Global are energetic and ambitious and expected to rise through the ranks of Consultant, Sr. Consultant, and Consulting Manager as they build their skills and expertise.
- Guide clients in definition of software solutions, translate into technical specifications in a Web and/or Mobile development environment
- Grow and practice skills in UI/UX, analytics, application architecture, cloud engineering, and other critical subjects while defining product requirements for client stakeholders
- Become an expert at driving an Agile software development process by leveraging the product backlog, retrospectives, status reports, testing, etc.
- Maintain excellent client relationships by taking ownership of product quality and project status in each part of the SDLC
- Develop subject matter expertise in the functional domain of client projects.
- Define and perform tests for software quality assurance.
- Coordinate software design, development and testing between onshore and offshore teams.
- Work independently and in teams in a fast paced and sometimes ambiguously defined project environment
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering
- 3+ years of technical experience, preferably oriented to application development or maintenance
- Basic, practicable knowledge of at least one of the following:
- Scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, etc.)
- Databases, SQL, queries, and data normalization
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to context switch and work on a variety of projects over specified periods of time
- Ability to work at 27Global offices in either Leawood, KS or Denver, CO with hybrid work flexibility after 90 days, and occasionally onsite at client offices
- Flexibility to occasionally travel to client sites may be required, typically 1 week per quarter or less
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and the ability to prove eligibility at the time of hire
Ways to stand out:
- Experience coordinating with and/or managing offshore software development teams
- System Integrator and/or Software Company experience
- Experience with micro-service, and cloud-native architectures
- Experience with CI/CD tools and DevOps principles
- Four-time award winner of Best Place to Work by the Kansas City Business Journal
- A casual and fun small business work environment
- Competitive compensation, benefits, time off, profit sharing, and quarterly bonus potential
- Dedicated time for learning, development, research, and certifications
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $70,000 to $125,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for quarterly incentive compensation.