Leawood, KS or Denver, CO
27Global is a rapidly growing company in the dynamic industry of software, cloud, and data engineering. We pride ourselves on the quality of the services we deliver, the clients we serve, and the strength of our culture. Our commitment to our employees is evidenced by our fourth consecutive Best Places to Work award.
As an Lead Azure Cloud Engineer, you’ll focus on team management of cloud engineers and overall technical leadership for Azure cloud solutions. You’ll lead projects and allocate time to engineers and work with Cloud Architects to create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. You’ll be highly collaborative and have a mentoring spirit, as well as a strong understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery best practices for deploying software to the cloud for our clients.
- Lead client projects and the Azure Cloud Engineering Team to define and implement Cloud/Ops practices across multiple clients
- Lead engineering team in creating standard practices and operations for project work
- Implement access and security controls, including security groups, profiles, permissions, and key management strategy
- Allocate project tasks and tickets and assign priorities to on and offshore engineers
- Work with Cloud Architect in creating standards practices and operations for project work
- Collaborate with various clients from multiple levels of the organization; often presenting and documenting client environment suggestions and improvements in a client-facing environment.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Perform system audits of client environments.
- Create Release and Deployment Plans.
- Provide installation and patching support.
- Improve team procedures around current toolsets.
- Maintain high processing environment uptime.
- Collaborate with Architecture and Development teams to implement highly available solutions.
- Maintain and expand existing automated deployment scripts, reporting, and remediation tools.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in computer science, information technology, or mathematics
- 5+ years of experience in designing, developing, and implementing Azure cloud solutions at scale
- Expert in deploying and managing distributed systems with containers (Docker) and orchestration (Kubernetes, EKS)
- Advanced experience with CI/CD (Github Actions, Azure Devops, GitLabCI).
- Ability to work within infrastructure as code guidelines, including creating, updating, and deleting resources with IAC principles in mind.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work at 27Global offices in either Leawood, KS or Denver, CO with hybrid work flexibility after 90 days, and occasionally onsite at client offices
- Flexibility to occasionally travel to client sites may be required, typically 1 week per quarter or less
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and the ability to prove eligibility at the time of hire
Ways to stand out:
- Current or past leadership experience
- Professional services experience
- Four-time award winner of Best Place to Work by the Kansas City Business Journal
- A casual and fun small business work environment
- Competitive compensation, benefits, time off, profit sharing, and quarterly bonus potential
- Dedicated time for learning, development, research, and certification
For Colorado Applicants: The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $100,000 and $165,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for quarterly incentive compensation.