Leawood, KS or Denver, CO
27Global is a rapidly growing company in the dynamic industry of software, cloud, and data engineering. We pride ourselves on the quality of the services we deliver, the clients we serve, and the strength of our culture. Our commitment to our employees is evidenced by our 2023 Inc.’s Best Workplaces recognition and our fourth consecutive Best Places to Work award.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer III to join us in our Leawood, KS or Denver, CO offices. As a Software Engineer III, you’ll take part in the design and development of custom software solutions for businesses of all sizes. You’ll design and develop highly complex applications with a goal of streamlining business processes and improving overall user experience for our clients and their clients. You’ll gain exposure to new and exciting projects in a wide variety of industries using cutting-edge technology stacks, helping us maintain our technology leadership position, and creating a competitive advantage for our clients.
- Design, develop, test, and implement solutions and standards; incorporating emerging technologies and techniques across multiple client project teams and industries.
- Develop architecture specifications and scaffolding, perform design and code reviews, and lead development teams both on- and off-shore.
- Develop code assets, including prototypes, software architecture components, starter-kits, client solutions, and other items as agreed.
- Triage and (in some cases) resolve high priority or time sensitive issues.
- Anticipated time allocation: 50% code, 20% helping define architecture and providing guidance, 30% code review and problem resolution.
What you bring:
- BA/BS/Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in .Net or other OOP languages
- Demonstrated expertise in n-tier, micro-service, and cloud-native architectures
- Experience with cloud services (AWS / Azure)
- Experience with Unit tests, integration tests, and e2e tests
- Experience with CI/CD tools and DevOps principles
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to context switch and work on a variety of projects over specified periods of time
- Located in the Kansas City or Denver Metro Areas with an appetite for a hybrid work environment for the first 90 days and a flexible working arrangement after
- Flexibility to occasionally travel to client sites may be required, typically 1 week per quarter or less
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship and the ability to prove eligibility at the time of hire
Ways to stand out:
- System Integrator and/or Software Company experience
- Experience coordinating with and/or managing offshore software development teams
- Exposure to Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Familiar with messaging queues: ActiveMQ or RabbitMQ or similar
- Understanding of big data concepts and knowledge of big data languages/tools such as Hadoop, Kylin, or Spark
- Named to Inc.’s 2023 Best Workplaces list
- Four-time award winner of Best Place to Work by the Kansas City Business Journal
- A casual and fun small business work environment
- Competitive compensation, benefits, time off, profit sharing, and quarterly bonus potential
- Dedicated time for learning, development, research, and certifications
For Colorado applicants
The expected starting salary range for this position in Colorado is between $120,000 and $140,000. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. The position is also eligible for quarterly incentive compensation.